Taking out a tooth is never a fun experience, but we want it to be as comfortable as possible for kids.
At Kessler Dental in Lansdale, we want to make tooth removal a safe and stress-free experience for your child.
Our simple guide is here to help. Learn the easy tips for preparing kids for tooth extraction.
Tooth extraction is never our first solution. We do all we can to preserve natural teeth, but there are some situations where tooth removal is best for long-term dental health. Our dentist may advise kids’ tooth removal in the following situations:
- To prepare for braces or Invisalign
- When a tooth is damaging nearby teeth
- When a tooth is so severely damaged or infected it cannot be saved
Our dentist explains the rationale for any tooth removal recommendation. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns to ensure you feel confident in your child’s dental care.
Getting ready for tooth removal is different for each child. Start by talking to them about why it’s happening. Tell them it won’t hurt, and our team will make sure they’re safe.
Some additional tips:
- Share kid-friendly videos, books, and resources to help your child learn more about the procedure.
- Take them to pick out a few recovery items or a small reward.
- Talk to them about the reason for the tooth removal.
- Emphasize that the procedure is pain-free and talk about how the dentist protects them.
- Listen to their concerns and answer any questions they have.
The first step to quality kids’ dental care is picking the right dentist. Kessler Dental is here to help with all of your children’s dentistry needs, including kids’ tooth removal in Lansdale. We take care of your child’s smile and ensure their comfort during each procedure.
Book an appointment at our children’s dental clinic in Lansdale today! We’re here to make your child’s tooth removal easy and stress-free.